- This event has passed.
ASIS Columbus Pre-Conference One Day Workshop
May 11, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Join us and our friend John D. Byrnes of the Center for Aggression Management for a unique, inspiring and informative one-day seminar in Columbus on May 11th! Only $99 through April 15th ($125 after April 15th).
Perfect for Security Professionals, Human Resource Managers, Traveling Business People and Parents…
RE-THINK WORKPLACE VIOLENCE “PREVENTION”
LEARN HOW TO RELIABLY PREVENT WORKPLACE VIOLENCE
Speaker: John D. Byrnes, D.Hum., Founder and CEO, Center for Aggression Management
The Center for Aggression Management’s Critical Aggression Prevention System (CAPS) utilizes scientifically-validated means to reliably prevent Workplace Violence using “Evidence-based” Best Practices. This workshop will introduce the attendees to CAPS:
- CAPS is a scientifically-validated system that enables its user to evaluate behavior that is “aggressive,” (i.e., destructive, negative behavior, threatening).
- CAPS also determines at what level of aggression the individual is and thereby the presumption of threat (Mild, Moderate, Elevated, Severe and Extreme)!
- Using scientific measures, CAPS objectively identifies and measures in real-time “emerging aggression,” offering the precursors to someone on the path to violence.
- Because CAPS using only “aggressive behavior” in its assessment; CAPS does not contravene HIPAA or privacy regulations. You can therefore record and track this “aggressive behavior” with virtual impunity.
- CAPS provides a scalable system that achieves Evidence-based Best Practices.
NAVIGATING LIFE WITH UPDATED COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE
Speakers: Debbie & Mike Gardner, Survive Institute
As a Security Professional, Human Resource Manager, Traveling Business Person or Parent-are you longing for a new safety message that cuts through the non-sense of boring safety rhetoric, complicated tactics and fear-based tips? Are you ready to replace nagging “worry” with the certainty of simple, explicit survival updates-that actually make sense to your head and your heart? Can you imagine passionate excitement teaching everyone you know – because you’re convinced they can save themselves too?
Survive Institute’s “Courage Coaches” Debbie and Mike Gardner are fun, motivational speakers/authors who teach explicit crime survival skills, drawing upon their personal mistakes and successes from their law enforcement careers. They have traveled the world teaching their new approach to the timely subject of self-defense-daring to replace traditional safety teachings with the radical belief that “LESS is more, when less is RIGHT!” Powered by “LOVE” (Yep! LOVE!) the Gardner’s instill courage, rights and a proven effective “3 Word Explicit Safety Plan” you’ll easily understand, remember, PRACTICE and feel comfortable teaching others! Learn specifics for fear control, clever prevention strategies, ONE sentence self-defense law, ONE strike that works, ONE additional choice if attacker is armed, ONE justifying phrase for 9-1-1 operator, and ONE best defense weapon you already own! Update your “RUN! HIDE! FIGHT-RIGHT!©” active shooter strategies! Leave feeling terrific and at Peace! Rave Reviews Guaranteed!
Click to Register for the Event